Below is a list of resources. Please scroll down for age & stage of life resources.
- Downloadable Summer Activity Book PDF – Created by The Village Church – Dallas, Texas. Filled with creative ideas to spark Christ centered conversations. Ignore Dallas & Village Church specific activities – unless you’re planning a trip to Texas!
- Downloadable Family Discipleship Guide PDF – A resource created by The Village Church – Dallas Texas.
- email@example.com – A free weekly email with creative ideas for your family.
Other Family Resources:
- 52 Creative Family Time Experiences – Timothy Smith
- Just Add Family – Kurt & Olivia Bruner
- Big Book of Questions & Answers – Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Fun Filled Parenting – Silvana Clark
General Tools for Parents:
- The 5 Love Languages of Children – Gary Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers – Gary Chapman
- The Strong Willed Child – James Dobson
- Extreme Grandparenting – Tim & Darcy Kimmel
- Creative Grandparenting – Jerry & Judy Schreur
- The Grandparent Connection: 365 Ways to Connect with Your Grandchild’s Heart – Nancy Downing & Mary May Larmoyeux
Following is a list of age specific resources / ideas for parents:
Resources – Birth to Age 4
Baby/Parent Dedication: We encourage you to contact us about a Baby Dedication. This is a time in our worship service where we dedicate young children and their parents in their role in discipleship at home.
IDEA: For a great reminder of how fast your kids will grow up fill a jar of Pennies that represents the weeks of influence you have with your children from their birth until graduation (936 pennies). Introduce them to the God of the Bible and teach them to love the Lord with all their heart, soul and strength.
- The Jesus storybook Bible (Every story whispers his name) – Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Complete Guide to Baby and Child Care – Focus on the Family
- The Ministry of Motherhood – Sally Clarkson
- Power of a Praying Parent – Stormie Omartian
Blessing (Affirming Your Child’s Value):
Resources – Ages 4-9
Preparing to Lead Your Child to Christ: Leading your child into a saving relationship with Christ and helping them to understand the role of the Holy Spirit and baptism.
- The Faith of a Child – Art Murray
- Leading Your Kids to Christ: 30 Days to Prepare Your Heart – Criswell Freeman
- Baptism: A Bible Study Workbook for Kids – Richard E. Todd
- Communion: A Bible Study Workbook for Kids – Richard E. Todd
- Creative Family Prayer Times – Mike & Amy Nappa
- What Happens When I Talk to God – Stormie Omartian
- Power of a Praying Kid – Stormie Omartian
- What the Bible is All About: Bible Handbook for Kids – Frances Blankenbaker
- What Does the Bible Say About That? – Carolyn Larsen
Giving & Serving:
- 77 Ways Your Family Can Make a Difference – Penny A. Zeller
- Financial Peace Junior – Dave Ramsey
- Teaching Kids How to Win With Money (Story Time Book Set) – Dave Ramsey
Resources – Ages 9-11
Preparing for Adolescence: Your child is about to begin climbing the mountain called adolescence. The adolescence years will challenge your child’s identity to its core. Guiding your child through this challenge will impact the rest of their life. God has openly established who we are. This Milestone is marked by an increased ability to understand a relationship with God. Remember, whoever owns their heart will have the most authority in their lives. Learning to balance a strong heart connection with increasing adolescent independence will help to ensure a more successful outcome.
- Preparing for Adolescence – Dr. James Dobson
- Emergency Response Handbook for Parents
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens – Paul David Tripp
- Five Conversations You Must Have – Vicki Courtney
- So You’re About to be a Teenager – Dennis & Barbara Rainey
- Tech Savvy Parenting – Brian Housman
Resources – Ages 11-14 – or earlier if parent deems appropriate
Purity/Sexuality: A commitment to sexual abstinence is only part of the purpose of this Milestone. God created the human heart, soul, mind and strength to work cohesively to bring Him glory by following His path for life. Purity for life is guiding your child along the path God has laid out for them. Building truth into their life and reinforcing their true identity in Christ can create a solid foundation to endure the pressures and storms of this life.
- Passport 2 Purity (A life changing weekend with your preteen) – Dennis & Barbara Rainey
- The Purity Code – Jim Burns
- Teaching Your Children Healthy Sexuality – Jim Burns
- The Bare Facts: 39 Questions Your Parents Hope You Never Ask About Sex – Josh McDowell
- Guys Guide to God, Girls, and the Phone in Your Pocket: 101 Real-World Tips for Teenage Guys – Jonathan McKee
- Smart Girl’s Guide to God, Guys, and the Galaxy: Save the Drama! And 100 Other Practical Tips for Teens – Susie Shellenberger & Kristin Weber
- Sex Has a Price Tag: Discussions about Sexuality, Spirituality, and Self-Respect – Kirgiss Stenzel
- Almost Sex: 9 Signs You Are About to go Too Far (or already have) – Michael & Hayley DiMarco
- Tech Savvy Parenting – Brian Housman
Preteens & Teens Issues:
- Parent Handbook (Magazine) – A Resource for Parents of Teens & Preteens
- Age of Opportunity: A Biblical guide to Parenting Teens (Paul David Tripp)
Resources – Ages 13-14
Biblical Manhood & Biblical Womanhood (Giving A Vision for Adulthood): Equipping your teenager for biblical manhood or womanhood.
- Rite of Passage – Jim McBride
- Life on the Edge: The Next Generation’s Guide to a Meaningful Future – Dr. James Dobson
- Raising a Modern Day Knight: A Father’s Role in Guiding His Son to Authentic Manhood – Robert Lewis
- Raising a Modern Day Princess: Inspiring Purpose, Value, and Strength in Your Daughter – Pam Farrel & Doreen Hanna
- How to Stay Christian in High School – Steve Gerali
Resources – Ages 15-18 and beyond
Launching Your Child to Embrace Independence: Preparing your teenager to continue following Christ as they move closer towards leaving home.
Life in Christ (Adulthood): Modeling and teaching living as a disciple of Jesus Christ in every stage of adulthood.
In your Family (which includes married, married with children, singles, divorced, single parents, blended families, and grandparents) we encourage you each to love the Lord and each other, then take this into your homes.
- How to Stay Christian in College – J. Budziszewski
- Letting Them Go: Prepare Your Heart, Prepare Your Child for Leaving Home – Dave Veerman
- Freshman: The College Student’s Guide to Developing Wisdom – Mark Matlock
- The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing and Everything in Between – Nora Haehl
- Welcome to College: A Christ-Follower’s Guide for the Journey – Jonathan Morrow